Executive Director - The Mentra Cooperative
February 20, 2014 | 0 Comments
The New Brunswick Business Council is a founding member of this new co-operative organization, striving to create the most credible, connected, sustainable community of mentors in the world. The Board of Directors is now seeking an exceptional Executive Director to help turn our vision into reality. Here is the job posting:
Organization: The Mentra Cooperative Ltd
Title: Executive Director
Reports to: Board of Directors
About The Mentra
The vision of The Mentra Cooperative Ltd is to create “the most credible, connected and sustainable community of mentors in the world”. We are seeking an Executive Director to provide strategy, direction and management of a first-in-class managed mentorship program. We are looking for someone who can leverage all of our resources (business leaders, partners, technology, innovation organizations, mentors and mentees) to develop a multi-tiered matching platform that will ultimately serve the global market. This opportunity will be based in and operating from New Brunswick.
This is a new entity and, like a startup organization, you’ll be doing everything from the setup of a software platform and website, recruitment of mentors, customer acquisition, match-making, training development and strategy.
Like most roles in a small organization, this role is flexible and the exact duties will depend on the person hired.
The Executive Director will work with the Board of Directors to finalize the design of the service delivery model and all its components. Once launched, effective and quality operations must be ensured.
What You Will Do:
Design and implement the Managed Mentorship Program, including:
- Selecting a software platform and work with vendor during customization;
- Catalogue initial mentor and mentee database;
- Developing mentor and mentee toolkits;
- Developing matchmaking criteria and process;
- Developing mentor-mentee agreement framework;
- Developing and implementing ongoing evaluation tools and procedures;
- Developing and implementing mentor-mentee specific reports;
- Creating evaluation and reporting forms and processes;
- Managing evaluation data collection;
- Providing reports (financial, status) as needed to the Board.
- Develop an international-quality mentor training program;
- Develop and run a mentor celebration gala for NB Mentor of the year;
- Explore community collaborations;
- Assist in other functions as required, such as special events, to support the program.
Long-term – Program Level
In addition to maintaining the foundational program elements (mentor-mentee training, toolkits,framework, process and reporting) the candidate will:
- Track evaluation and reporting data to identify trends, opportunities, issues;
- Develop materials and training;
- Support to mentors in assuming and growing in their roles and responsibilities;
- Maintain confidentiality in communication with all mentoring participants;
- Involvement in issue or problem-solving specific within mentoring pairs;
- Monitor the effectiveness of program activities throughout the year;
- Manage evaluation data collection and create semi-annual reports;
- Compile monthly relationship data into an operational summary;
- Coordinate all content for Web page and monitor website metrics.
Long-term – Board Level:
- Provide direction to the Board on the progression of mentorship programs including examples, best practices, and timelines;
- Maintain personal professional growth through appropriate development courses, professional organizations, seminars, and reading of professional literature;
- Annually evaluate and revise mentor program to increase its effectiveness;
- Maintain budget and prepare financial reports;
- Analyze costs and demonstrate program benefits;
- Remain current with standards, developments and best practices of mentorship programs locally, regionally, nationally and globally;
- Provide leadership in knowledge, methods, and materials related to mentoring;
- Attend and/or present on mentoring at relevant professional conferences.
- Multi-talented and willing to learn and do anything to see the job through;
- Committed to the vision of “creating the most credible, connected and sustainable community of mentors in the world”;
- An innovative and strategic thinker;
- Experienced with CRMs;
- An excellent writer and communicator;
- A talented people & project manager;
- Someone who works effectively in a very fast-paced environment;
- Experienced with new technology and social media;
- Competent in written and oral English and French;
- Detail oriented and can make sure tasks including follow up with influential business leaders are done well and consistently;
- Eager to travel regularly in Atlantic Canada.
As the successful candidate, you have ~5-10 years of education and work under your belt, including experience managing programs and working with a board.
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Start Date: Spring 2014
Annual Compensation: $60,000 - 80,000
Deadline: March 15, 2014
TO APPLY: Please email a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to: info@TheMentra.com.